Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can you give me a daily workout that can make me look good? all i have access to is an elliptical machine and?

some free weights. please be as detailed as possible. for the first time in my life i have noticed i have been gaining weight around my mid section, stomach down to my thighs, my pants are splitting and everything! i recently started using my elliptical machine, but i would like more to do than that as my routine workout, m-f. let me know. thanks!
Answer:
The elliptical machine is an excellent cardio workout. Bravo for starting, that's the hardest part.For the rest of your workout start with push up holds. Get into a push up position, hands right under your shoulders, abs pulled in, straight legs, and hold the position for a minute. Take deep breaths, keep pulling the abs in. It'll strengthen your upper body and your abs. Work up to 10 times at 1 minute each.Do sit ups or crunches. Move slowly and smoothly as you do them. 20 center, and 20 turning to the right, 20 turning to the left.Do a bridge. Lie on your back with your knees bent and raise your pelvis up in the air. Press up higher for 3 counts and repeat 10-15 times. This will tone your back, glutes and hamstrings. Do 2-3 sets of 10-15 pushes.Free weights are fine, but they won't work your core as well as these exercises.Can you tell I'm a Pilates instructor?
Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net