Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you recommend some alternatives to protein shakes?

I eat meat, but I'm really not big on it...yet I would still like to get 30 mg of protein after my work out and with dinner. I know I can have protein shakes for this - but does that mean buying one of those $80 buckets of whey or some other arm-and-leg item from GNC?Any alternatives to shakes and meats? Peanut butter? Although I image the carbs/fat/calories in that might undo the effects of the protein.I want something to supplement my diet, I don't want to have to worry about planning my meal to include protein everyday...I'm awful at counting everything out. Some sort of supplement would be great. Heck, I'll eat a pound of nuts or peanut butter if I could!
Answer:
the white of egg, skimmed milk, Soyabean, chicken breast, Tuna steak , chick peas, all that are very rich in whey protein , even more than beef
Whey protein is the name for a collection of globular proteins that can be isolated from whey, a by-product of cheese manufactured from cow's milk. As You see they produce the whey protein like that ,, and sold it as a nutritional supplement.so u can drink the skimmed milk (very low in fat ) or the white of the egg which consists mainly of about 10% proteins dissolved in waterChickpeas are a good source of zinc and protein.They are also very high in dietary fiber and thus are a healthy food source, especially as a source of carbohydrates for persons with insulin sensitivity or diabetes. They are low in fat, and most of the fat content is monounsaturated.Tuna steak is very rich in protien and very low in fat as well ...PS : let me recommend also The cottage cheese and its pressed ones ,,Cottage cheese is a favorite food among bodybuilders for its high content of casein protein while being relatively low in fat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cottage_che...2) Tuna steak in water : per 100g :27g protein , ,0.5g Fat, Carb.: trace , energy 113kcal/100g ,, better than meat, better even than a protein bar
Protein Bars, chicken, fish...and other things high in protein i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net